Sunday, August 06, 2006

State of Punjab Roads... I'm impressed.

Its no longer the state that we are used to talking about.. Its "State of the Art" now.. First of all it was one of those trips decide on the eleventh hour Chandigarh to Moga [I wont be surprised if u have not heard of this place before]...

We ended up coming back during dusk which I consider most difficult twilight period as it can be very tricky.... Well I was pleasantly surprised at the state of the roads...

  • It had blinking flash reflectors all along the road (from Ludhiana to Doraha] defining the road boundary for us during the night...
  • All road signs strategically placed [I use them as cues most times during night drives]
  • Completely smooth laid road with reflectors strategically placed at road curves...
  • And believe it or not what I saw was a "functional" Punjab Highway Patrol.. Wow

There was just one shortcoming though.. The dividers were missing on most of the road causing the high beam flashes in ur eyes making visibility as poor as zero..

But for all the 23 years of existance that I have lives in and around Punjab... I would say... I am IMPRESSED..

That what we call "Yaran da Tashan"

4 comments:

30.45 N,76.48 E said...

brruuaah!

Anonymous said...

main keha veerey...hun jaugi gaddi chhalangi maardi !!

Anonymous said...

Hi, landed on your blog while googling something (can't even remember what!).
Good stuff...I especially love this piece since I belong to that area...and yes, when I take the Mumbai-Chandigarh flight home, the drive from Chandigarh to Ludhiana (my hometown) via Doraha is utterly blissful, thanks to the smooth roads :)

AB said...

@thought bubbles: Thanks for the appreciation... I'm glad one blogger stumbled upon other blog and liked it.

Yeah... I keep randomly writing about things and Punjab is very close to my heart.. more so now that I've shifted to bangalore...

Keep visiting & I'll check your blog out too

Cheers!!