Sunday, April 15, 2007

My quotes..... and me quoting them

I was going through the diary that I have and I keep writing or saying some stuff. The funniest one-liners that I have heard are from Aman Sandhu's dad. He's awesome.

The best one-lines that I have said are in conversations with Rahul and Sandhu and of course ..aahh my girl. I'm writing some of the ones that I write and keep saying.. Rahul told me that its time I write all of them somewhere. Below are some of my own one-liners that came out in conversations or everyday talks.

- If everything in life is going too smooth, then you are probably going too slow.

- If you aren't living on the edge, you are wasting too much space.

- Life's like a lamp post, Sometimes its bright...
When its not, even dogs piss on you
(This was a reply to Sunaina's comment on my profile picture on Orkut)

- A soldier never backs out.
- I'm ready when you are....
(I use both of the ABOVE as a reply to accepting new responsibilities or challenges)

- Keep your friendship with books all the time - the only friend who doesn't complain

- God loves to play fair games with us & I like his company.

- I don't know what will happen tomorrow but I'm sure together we can make it beautiful

- You don't love the Times (good or bad).. but you fall in love with someone you want to spend those times with.

- The worst part about life is waiting, The best part about it is finding someone worth waiting for.

OTHER'S QUOTES THAT I LIKE

Dance like no-one is watching
Love like you'll never be hurt
Sing like no-one is listening
Live like its heaven on earth
-- William Purkey

-- I don't miss you and you alone... I miss you and me together...

Dream as you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
-- James Dean

You'll know that you are in love when you see the world in her eyes and her eyes everywhere in the world.
-- David Levesque

When I'm with you, we stay up all night.
When you're not with me I can't go to sleep
Thank God for these two insomnias, and the difference between them
-- Rumi

No matter how happily a woman may be married, it always pleases her to discover that there is a nice man who wishes that she were not.
-- H. L. Mencken

The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything.
-- Theodore Roosevelt

I was nauseous and tingly all over... I realized that I'm either in love or I had Smallpox

The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.
-- Thomas Merton

Lets end the post with my most favorite quote of all time by the great G. B. Shaw
Some people see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not?

Let me know what you think and please feel free to comment with your favorite quotes.

Cheers!!

8 comments:

vrinn said...

nice ! we have a lotta common favz there lol ;)
my all time fav:
that which does not kill me, only makes me stronger..

30.45 N,76.48 E said...

“Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.”

AB said...

@Vrinn: We think alike!! :-)
Excellent quote.... I agree
hey nothing kills me and I'm becoming schwarzenegger :)

@30.45n: Bravo... couldn't have said it better "Sau sunar ki..... ek sandhu ki"
I bow to the words

RahulG said...

Good job dude that you've finally started writing down what we've thought about for so long!

Two of my favs:

"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."

- Albert Camus

My dream -

"To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget. "

- Arundhati Roy

AB said...

@rahul: Cool man.. Fantastic thought.. I've got some really well read friends :)

RahulG said...

like u mentioned in the other post.. not reading good books is just like not reading at all... so, it's the daily dose, which one must include in his/her diet. N who knows it better than u!

a few more...

"When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane." :)

"If you're living on the edge, make sure you're wearing a seat belt."

"It is hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere."

Lucas said...

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

AB said...

@lucas: couldn't agree more